Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Artsy stuff with a bit of science thrown in

Today, after bouncing around pointlessly and burning off a bit of energy I took out the pencils and paper and drew! I'm actually rather proud of my Pon and Zi drawing.


I will never be a great artist, but this turned out pretty much the way I wanted it to, so it's all good. I also drew a tree nymph, but since I'm considerably less proud of that particular drawing I won't post it here!

I decided my computer desk area could be spiced up a bit, so I started a collage on the wall.

My crap heap of a desk...


And some brand new decoration on the wall! I will continue to add my various art and written work until I run out of space.


I did a few domestic chores (after surprisingly little nagging from my mom), then took a nice walk with friends to the dock and back. That's become a bit of a nightly ritual actually.

Oh, and at some point in the day I started the illustrated A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking. When I first heard of this book, I got a mental image of some 500 page complicated scientific thing ('brief' I've found is often a misleading word), but it sounded interesting so I checked it out. Turns out it's under 200 pages, has lots of pretty pictures, and is written in a very easy to understand manner, even for those (like me) who aren't all that strong in the maths and sciences department!

My day doesn't sound all that special from reading this, but I really enjoyed myself today! I haven't drawn anything in so long, and I just had an awesome sense of wellbeing throughuot the day... Good lazy summer times.

Listening to today: Ready to Fall by Rise Against, Drones by Rise Against, Pain by Three Days Grace

Reading: The Illustrated A Brief History of Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...