Saturday, July 19, 2008

Depressing world we live in, isn't it?

I actually read the paper today, which I haven't done in a while. I learned even more about how depressing a place the Democratic Republic of Congo is. There's a civil war going on now, and thousands of girls and women are being raped by the official military, the militia, and their own neighbors. Reading that really made me sad... I also read a cool piece on organic farming.

I also did some more research into Paganism. On that note, since I haven't mentioned it in any of my posts yet, I'm Pagan. The best description would be eclectic Paganism. I believe most of the stuff found in Wicca, but I don't like all the rules and hierarchy that comes with it. I've realized recently that a few of my beliefs can be described as Animist, and I also have some beliefs that seem to be all my own. I really enjoy finding out more about all the different Pagan religions... I'm very happy with the path, or at least the direction, that I have chosen. It just feels right to me.

On a different note, quiet day overall... I hung out outside for a bit, soaking up the good weather... Argued with people I don't like, talked to people I do like... And that's about it.

Listening to today: Prayer of the Refugee by Rise Against

Reading: the newspaper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...