Monday, November 10, 2008

Names

It's a bit of a hobby of mine to read baby name books. I love words, and I really love names! I have an ever changing list of awesome names I wouldn't mind naming my kid someday, as well as names that I really like, even though I don't like them quite enough to actually use them... Here is a list of some names that start with A or B (if I did all the letters, the list would be miles long!) that I currently think are awesome. The ones with a * are my absolute favorites.

Boys:
Aaron
Adrian*
Aidan*
Alaric
Ash*
Azra
Azure

Birch*
Blaze*
Bracken*
Briar
Brown
Byrd*

Girls:
Acacia*
Aeryn
Amara
Amber*
Amy*
Anais
Anouk
Ara
Aria*
Ariadne*
Ariane
Arrian*
Ash
Asha
Aspen*
Atara
Auburn
Autumn*
Ava*
Avari
Ayla*
Azure

Batu
Belle
Blaze
Bliss*
Blue
Blythe*
Bracken*
Briana
Briar
Brook*
Brynn*

My sister strongly disapproves of many of these names... She seems to be a bit more traditional in terms of names she likes than I am. *Grins* But doesn't a name like Adrian Byrd or Autumn Brook sound just marvelous? I really hope my kids don't hate me for whatever names they end up with!

I'd love to hear some of your favorite names, so please do comment!

Peace,
Idzie :-)

7 comments:

  1. Autumn Brook! AHHHH...love it. *dies*

    I know, I've always been unusual in my name choices. To the point where my parents just look at me really weird. I used to name-hunt all the time. I'll have to pull out the old lists...which are...somewhere? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, well I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Stella with all my heart, and that's why I chose it as my online name. I am definintly naming my first daughter Stella Grace (who cares if my husband doesn't agree with it? too bad for him!!!!) I also love the name Sophie, or Sophia. And I think Skyla is pretty. Not Skylar, but Skyla, for a girl. Hm, but with boys names I have issues. I mean, they just aren't as pretty as girls names! I like Collin and Finn for boys, but I can't think of any others.

    OOH, I like the name Bliss too! It's so pretty! And Brynn. I'm not so much for Belle, but TOTALLY for Bella! Short for Isabella of course. Azure is a way cool name for a boy, I don't think I've heard it before, but I really like it.

    Also, I know a little girl named Asa, prononced Ace-a. Have you heard that one before?

    Wow, I thought I was the only one with a name obsession, but I guess I thought wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'll name my kid Winter Waterfall and see how they like it, Idzie :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Laughs* I know that there are a million names I've found and liked, and then forgotten about. :-( You're smart to have made lists Sheila!

    Stella is a cool name. I absolutely LOVE the name Idzie, which is what I use on the internet. My real name is Isabelle, which I love, but lately I've been happy to use my childhood nickname of Idzie more often. :-) Ooh, Skyla is an amazing name! I totally love that. *Grins* yeah, good boys names are harder to find... But I think I often like the good boys names I do find more than the girls, just because of their rarity! :-P I've seen the name Asa written, but never knew how to pronounce it...

    Yay! For name obsessions! :-P

    Haha Emy, haha. Winter would make a nice name, thank you very much. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to work with a girl named Amber Brown...

    I like names with meanings behind them. The one thing I totally despise are "home made names" which are when parents string together a bunch of syllables that they like and give it a god awful spelling complete with hyphens and apostrophe's. If two names are merged to make one name (like Eve and Anne to make Evanne) that is okay in my book. And whats with Hollywood giving their kids nouns for names???
    The latest one is Gwen Stefani naming her baby boy Zuma. I think I played that last week on MSN games...

    My faves are old Irish Gaelic names. If I had a son he would be Kieran Padraic. (Patrick) I gave my daughter a more versatile traditional name, albeit was still Irish.

    Here are a few more that I like:

    Aslain
    Ashlyn
    Odette
    Solange
    Michaelanne

    Also Liam for a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Grins* The only thing that I don't really like in names is feminized versions of male names (Roberta, Alexa). Other than that, if I like the sound, I don't care what the origin of the word is! Hollywood is pretty bad at picking names though... :-S

    Irish Gaelic names are really cool (I like the names Ashlyn and Kieran a lot), I guess most of the ones I like just didn't start with A or B...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...