- He's a walking time bomb, as my sister so aptly put it. I'm certainly not the first to wonder wether he'll soon be the target of some sniper. And even if he does live until the end of his term (which I certainly hope he does), everything about him, all the sensationalism and hype and enthusiasm surrounding him seems explosive. I feel like something big, and most likely not good, will happen, whether it's by his direct actions or the actions of someone else.
- He's an excellent speaker, there's no denying that. But the words themselves seem empty, if listened to on their own. Empty, and also rather cheesy. It's him who makes the words inspirational, and it scares me how people worship him. Yes, worship. The adoration on the faces of the people in the audience, the tears running down their cheeks. He's loved, and trusted, to such an extant that I feel he could give an inspirational speech about what a good idea it would be to walk off of that cliff, and people would gladly obey.
- When I look at his face, I see a mask. Yes, all politicians act, but with some I feel I get a decent sense of what they're really like. Not so with Obama. All Crest smiles and pretty words, he has a perfectly crafted image of the great Barrack Obama always on display. He has it down perfectly. He doesn't seem to make slip-ups. But I have the nasty feeling that's not really the real Barrack...
- I saw a very interesting documentary last night on McCain and Obama, and the picture it painted of Obama (seemingly not deliberately on the film makers part, but the picture it painted to me) was of a man who loves the spotlight, of someone who gets a rush from having thousands of adoring fans screaming his name. I also got a picture of a man who does not follow the will of the people, but instead decides what's "best" then convinces the people, with lots of pretty words, that what's "best" in his eyes is what they truly want.
- Because he makes people truly believe in a system that's fundamentally corrupt, always has been and always will be, and that caters to the rich, and values production and wealth above all else, including life. People need to look beyond the current system to something better, and he's really not making that an easy thing for people to do.
If you are an Obama supporter, I hope I haven't insulted you, as that really wasn't my intention. It's simply my views. I'd love to hear what others have to say about it, your opinions on the matter, what you think of my take on it all. So please do comment!
Peace (please, let there be peace!)