Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yet another new blog...

Yes, I've done the unthinkable. I've started yet another blog. I think I have four now, each one themed (poetry blog, one page story blog (which I haven't added anything to in ages *blushes*), this general blog), and the newest one is all about the acquiring of secondhand yet still totally usable stuff. I love shopping at thrift stores, and haven't bought anything new in months (my grandma has bought me a few things that I couldn't really turn down... I've told her I don't need new cloths, but she LOVES shopping!). I also love driving or walking around on garbage day, and seeing what awesome stuff people have put out in the trash. I've found some truly beautiful, often useful things that way! I also occasionally go to garage sales, bazaar's, flea markets, or other places where previously owned items can be acquired. My idea with my newest blog is to post (erratically, just when I feel like it) photo's and the stories attached to them of all my cool secondhand finds. www.trashhunter.blogspot.com

In other news, I found a quote that I love today:

"When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty."

Which made me think of this quote:

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" JFK

I wish I knew who the first quote was attributed to... In even more news, I heard about CouchSurfing.com a while back, but I just checked out the site for myself today. It seems like a totally awesome way to travel, and I plan on seriously looking into it sometime when I'm not so tired and my brain is working better!

Peace,
Idzie


Memories of slightly warmer times...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...