Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I HATE COLDS

So, I'm sick. And miserable. And I had my last cold only 3 months ago, which makes me think my immune system is not as strong as it should be. I was thinking about that yesterday, and realized that I only started showing symptoms a few days after I stopped being vegan, which makes me strongly suspect that dairy has something to do with it. I was lactose intolerant when I was young, and for a while now I've been wondering if I am again (I've been feeling sick from drinking milk). If I'm right and I am, I figure that could certainly weaken my ability to fight off colds. So, it looks like I'm going back to being vegan, at least for a little while, and seeing if that makes a difference! *Sighs*

I just put a new poll up, about New Years resolutions. I always make them, but, like many people it seems, I rarely manage to keep them. I guess I'll be trying again this year though! Speaking of New Years resolutions, I want to tell you about a ritual with that, that my family started a few years ago. We take a blank sheet of paper, and write all of our resolutions, hopes, and plans for the coming year, then, after we watch the ball drop on TV, we burn the papers in the wood stove. It feels good to do, and somehow makes it more real, more important and binding, then just thinking of what we want and hope for in the New Year.

I also added a new post to my Trash Hunting blog full of lovely cuddly second hand finds.

Wishing everyone lots of good health (and warmth *watches the snow falling outside and shivers*),

Peace,
Idzie

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, take your echinacea, girl! Hope you're feeling better soon. :)

    Love the New Years tradition, beautiful.

    ~Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, feeling yucky sucks. I hope you feel better soon!

    HOW THE HECK CAN IT ALMOST BE 2009?!?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW!! :-P Seriously, the year seems to have barely started and then it's over... Time scares me O_o

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...