Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day


Oh, in my last post I said I didn't have anything of my own to say, but that was because I forgot that today was Earth Day. Now, I am most certainly not a fan of Earth Day. One day, out of all the year, to think about conservation, and to honor the Earth, our one and only home, which just happens to be dying. One day? Really? Yeah, that's going to do a lot of good. The only plus I see is that shows, articles, and similar things on environmentalism have been all over the place lately. They're all from a very mainstream perspective, of course, but even mainstream scientists are realizing just how dire our predicament is, and I can't help but hope that maybe, just maybe, all this stuff could cause at least a few people to look into things themselves, and perhaps make them decide to do something about it, something a bit more substantial than buying "green" paper towels... I could write more about environmentalism, but it seems I've already done that in the past, and until I think of something new to add (which I'm sure I will in due time), I don't really want to return to the same subjects. I will, however, leave you with links to a couple of my old posts on environmentalism, green anarchy, etc.

Anti-Civilizationism

Environmental Quotes

On the Interconnectedness of Life

The Problem With "Green"

An Elaboration on the Problem With "Green"

Anyway, just thought I'd add that. :-)

Peace,
Idzie

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a fan of Earth day either...my six year old asked me, "What do we do for Earth day?" and I said "Same things we do every day, because EVERY day is Earth day as far as we're concerned...."

    I wonder, has Hallmark gotten hold of it yet? Oooh! Let's print some cards on some paper and give them to each other for Earth day.....

    grrrrr....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...