Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits..."

It may be April Fools Day, but I'm not celebrating it. What I am doing is feeling slightly overwhelmed. Like the world is dying, and I'm sitting on my computer, thinking, making plans for all the good for the world things I plan to do, yet actually doing nothing. I feel like it's myself and a few other people against the whole rest of the human population. Those who've seen the truth, and those who seemingly never will. But a friend who feels similarly sent me a couple of quotes, both of which made me, if not happy, then at least happier. I found the first one resonated particularly well with me, although I love both!

"Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify them, or vilify them. But the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do." -Jack Kerouac

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
-Margaret Mead

So here's to a revolution, both of thought and in the physical world. Perhaps a small group of people really can change the world. I sure hope so!

Peace,
Idzie

6 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!!! Gosh I needed to hear that today. Powerful blog post on my end coming soon, in the same vein of societal stupidity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hear you, and I love that you are really appreciating all this. Try not to let other people get you down, find the beauty around you and the laughter. Even in your darkest moments, try and see that there is hope. And don't be too hard on yourself, you have great ideas and when the right one comes along, you will take action, I am sure of it!
    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum...Kerouac

    "Until you can create something that captivates people, I'd invite you to just shut up. It's easy to attack and destroy an act of creation. It's a lot more difficult to perform one." -- Palahniuk

    "The aim of education is the knowledge, not of facts, but of values." -- Burroughs

    "AnarchY might be imaginary -- meaning that we don't now and may never have a society without coercive rulers -- but anarchISM is a value-set, like pacifism or Christian love, or Buddhist empathy. It is not a description of the world, but a standard for judging situations within the world." -- bkMarcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO great to come across your unschooling blog. I was schooled and am totally in process of unschooling myself (how long does it take!) and children, although I won't need to unschool them because they've never been. I love unschooled kids. You are soo fortunate you don't have to unschool yourself, you're already there! I love that you are a truth seeker. And great quote...I blogged a similar thing about geek culture and it being a paradigm for change a wee while ago...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Misko: :-D
    Sheila: I'm looking forward to reading your post!
    Andrea: Thanks so much! I think it would be a very good idea for me to take your words to heart. :-)
    Michele: Yay for more awesome quotes! :-D
    Ruth: Thanks for following this blog! :-D I'm really glad you like it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...