Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Some interesting articles and posts...

Home Births 'as safe as hospital' I can't help but think DUH! But it's nice to see an article supporting home births in the BBC, where many of their readers are most likely not supporters of home births...

You Are Being Lied to About Pirates is this a surprise, considering how much mainstream media twists things? I liked seeing a different take on the Somalian pirates.

Amazon.com is homophobic. Seriously. I don't think I'm going to be buying from them anymore...

Secretive U.S. Prison facilities house Muslim, Animal Rights and Environmental Activists. The Green Scare at it's best(worst)...

I'm curious if anyone is interested in this becoming a regular thing? Say, every week I could write a post with a list of the most interesting articles and blog posts I've read over the week? I'd love some feedback on this! Thanks. :-)

Peace,
Idzie

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this, especially the Amazon update. Sad really, but I was trying to buy more books from the local bookstore anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read all of these articles, but I have read the first one, and I have to say I'm rather disgusted. Because even with a half-hearted 'pro-homebirth' outlook, their research is still shallow. Homebirth is quite fine, not only for births with zero complications, but also for breech babies, VBACs, twins, cord prolapse, etc. It just bugs me that even while touting that 'homebirth might possibly be safe', they still attempt to freak people out with everything that *could* (but so frequently doesn't) go wrong. Blah. Oh well. :-) I suppose it's a step in the right direction! Thanks for sharing!

    And yes, regular resource posts would be fabulous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila: Oh, I do realize that. Doctors always seem to want to keep the upper hand, and make sure that everyone believes they are the only holders of true knowledge in the medical community. It's just that I very rarely see an article in the mainstream media about home birth that is even remotely positive, so decided to add it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to "step in the right direction." Every little bit helps.

    I'd enjoy this as a weekly feature, but if you decide you have enough blog commitments, I'd understand that, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm rather nebby at times and like to know what others are reading or thinking about...so, if the mood strikes you to do this sort of post regularly, then that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...