Thursday, July 30, 2009

Crazy packing stressing frenzy

For some reason I've yet to mention it on this blog, but I'm heading off to the cottage for a week, leaving on Saturday! It's a family affair, with my mother, father, and I leaving on Saturday, and Emi staying at Trev's for a couple of days so she can go to the Otakuthon (anime convention) with friends, then Emi, Trev, and Nick are all hopping onto a bus and heading out to meet us! Hopefully it'll be a fun week. I wrote about, and posted pictures from, our time at the cottage last year here. Last year, I really didn't have a good time at all... To the extant that I considered staying home this year, until we decided to drag along a couple of cool people to make things more fun! Last Summer was during a big transitioning period for me, and I felt really judged and looked down upon by a couple of the adult people there. At this point, that's something I feel much more equipped to handle, but last year I was insecure enough as it was, without other people adding to it! I was just talking to my mother last night, about all sorts of interesting things, and out of curiosity I asked my sister and her if I'd changed all that much since last year. They answered with a resounding yes! Now, I know that I feel I've changed, but I wondered if my family saw as much change as I did! Seemingly, they see even more. Apparently I'm a lot more confident, and simply older. I suppose that shouldn't really come as a surprise, and doesn't really, but it was still interesting to hear from others about that... So I'm going to try very hard to enjoy myself this year. The woman who made disparaging remarks last year, and has continued to make disparaging remarks since then to my parents, no longer bothers me, in the sense I really don't give a crap about her unwanted opinions (my parents are no more impressed with those comments than I am, either)! I'm happy with who I am, I know what I want in life, how I feel about things, and what other people say can no longer affect those things in any sort of major way. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that dealing with people who are being negative does make things more stressful, because I can't just relax and let my guard down... Which is why there are friends there for me to hang out with instead! :-) And a few good books, of course. And a lake. And wildlife. And a sky unpolluted by city lights, the milky way winding clearly across the sky... Yes, I'll have a good time. Hopefully I'll also take a ton of pictures!

Enjoy your week everyone!

Peace,
Idzie

7 comments:

  1. Hi There! =) I really did find this post close to how I would explain my life. For I have changed a lot as well! Confident is certainly the word. If I got the jist of your blog post right?
    Anyway, I'll watch your blog.=) I am down here in Oregon. Found you off of my friend Laurel's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! howdy Riki! I found this blog off of Laurel's too!!

    Idzie, I hope you have a nice holiday! Be sure and tell us how it goes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hey Bethany! Yeah, you know Laurel? She seems to be in touch with some of the coolest people. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, she's in my folk dance class...or was, the class has sort of disbanded now. And her sister was in a movie that I made.
    She's in the same town I am...and you?
    Feel free to head over to my blog, goats-and-dandelions.blogspot.com, I'd check yours out but looks like it's private :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you are so much more confident in yourself that you aren't letting some lame ass ruin your vacation for you. I hope you have a splendid time:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Bethany and Riki *Laughs* Thanks to both of you!! I'll have to head on over to Laurel's blog and thank her for sending so many cool people my way. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...