Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The dilemmas in life

I haven't been feeling my best, this past week.  And I'm not quite sure what to do about it.

I think sometimes it's a matter of accepting the darker, less pleasant feelings...  Sadness, depression, frustration, fear...  Accepting those emotions for being there, being real, being valid, and then sitting with them for a bit, instead of pushing them away, trying to pretend they have no right to be there, pretending they don't exist.

Yet at the same time, I feel like I'm using depression as a safety net.  Thinking that because I'm feeling down, I don't have to do the things that frighten or frustrate me.  Letting that keep me in my safe little bubble. 

So I don't trust these feelings, because I don't know how honest they are, and how honest I'm being with myself!  I don't know if I should be accepting and working through these emotions, or simply giving myself a kick in the ass and telling myself to stop whining.  It's a bit of a dilemma, really. 

Peace,
Idzie

5 comments:

  1. I totally use depression as my reason (aka: excuse) for not doing the things I'd like to do. I'm so ready to change that, but not sure how yet. I've had this excuse for a while now... we've gotten to know each other, and settled into comfortable routines. I think it's time to figure out a better way... hmm... thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel that if I don't feel the deep lows of life, I will never feel the wonderful highs. Perhaps this only means a shift in the wind. A cycle, that by feeling terrible, you will very soon be free as a bird :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "One ceases to recognize the significance of mountain peaks if they are not viewed occasionally from the deepest valleys."
    --- Dr. Al Lorin

    Honestly, the deepest valleys suck. Life is just hard sometimes, almost too much to bear, but is there really a lot we can do about it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally think you should be working through those feelings, but Obviously this will ultimately be a decision you will have to make.
    Whether or not you can stand feeling those emotions for the short period of time that you are working through them, or not, is totally your call.
    But if they come back, it would be good to work through them someday, because you might start getting outward signs of those emotions, aka headaches, indigestion.

    Hope this helps! :)
    ~Riki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for a hike in the natural world. This earth is an awesome place to be in. Do what you must with the little time you have available to you. Defend this planet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...