Thursday, April 15, 2010

Guest Post, Anyone?

I love writing on this blog, but sometimes, I just don't have much to say.  And there are so, so many wonderful people out there with terrific stories, opinions, and ideas to share.  So why not have my very first guest post?  I find that idea pretty exciting!

So are you interested?  Here are a few things you should know:
  • What to write about?  Something that you think will be relevant and interesting to the readers of this blog, and very importantly, something that's relevant and interesting to YOU!
  • Anyone, regardless of age, political opinions, educational choices, etc. is free to submit something, I just ask that you keep the subjects things that will fit with this blog (unschooling, sustainable living, spirituality, lots of different things, just as long as it's not something that would seem out-of-place on this blog!  Email me with questions: open.eyed.slave@gmail.com)
  • This is open to you whether or not you have your own blog.
  • If I get more than one entry, I'll choose the one I think would work best for this blog.  I also reserve the right to turn down any posts that I just don't think would work well.  I may do basic editing on the chosen post, but if I change anything more major than fixing spelling mistakes or adding a comma or two, I'll send it to you first for approval before posting.
  • It must be a post that has not previously been published anywhere online.
  • Send all inquiries and posts to open.eyed.slave@gmail.com!
EDIT: Keep in mind that if there are multiple people interested in writing guest posts, any post/idea for a post that doesn't end up as the guest post, can be included in the next issue of the DIY Life Zine instead (I'm looking for lots of stuff for that. :-))!!  Or, it can be saved as a future guest post, if you'd prefer...
    Wow, that seems like a lot of guidelines for a simple guest post, but I'm just trying to answer as many questions as I can before they come up!

    This most likely won't be a regular thing, because I feel that if it was, it would be cutting into the submissions I get for the DIY Life zine, and I don't want to do that.  But I definitely like the idea of having the occasional guest post, as long as it works out this time...

    So, what do you have to say? :-)

    Peace,
    Idzie

    5 comments:

    1. I have a feeling you'll be getting more than one interested person. I might apply, but I'm finding myself overwhelmed right now and wouldn't want to slow you down.

      ReplyDelete
    2. @Cassi: Maybe when things slow down for you a bit, you can write something for DIY life...? I'd love to include a contribution from you! :-)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Great idea. Hope you get some great responses.

      ReplyDelete
    4. How would you feel about a homebirth article for it? I'm just not sure your audience would be that interested.

      ReplyDelete
    5. @Cassi: I think that's a great subject!! Contrary to what many people seem to think, from comments I've gotten, I believe the readership of the zine is made up of more parents and adults than teens (I could be wrong: it seems like a pretty mixed audience!), and I don't think that would be uninteresting to people at all! :-)

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...