Thursday, July 22, 2010

Organizing a Conference... Yikes!

I have a pretty exciting, scary, and overwhelming project I've just recently decided to take on...

For a while now, I've thought it would be great to have a freedom based education (unschooling and freeschooling, basically) conference here, and so I've decided to go past the thinking about stage and onto the actually doing it stage!  So I've been brainstorming with a couple of people, have sent a call out for people interested in helping organize and run this event, and am just generally getting the ball rolling!

In some ways, it seems a pretty strange decision to make, seeing as the slump I was in for a couple weeks after getting back from SMUG was caused largely by my feeling overwhelmed.  But I know it's the right thing to do, because as soon as I decided I was going to go through with it, my mood lifted and I just felt so free and happy!  I feel like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be write now.

So it's exciting.  But yes, still most definitely scary!

I don't have much to add to that, though I do want to apologize for having neglected this blog a lot lately.  Inspiration will hit again soon, I hope, and until then you have a few updates on my goings on as well as a couple more exciting guest posts to look forward to!

Peace,
Idzie

P.S. If you're local and want to help out with this conference, or at the very least find out more, please send me an email at open.eyed.slave@gmail.com.  And if you're further away but have ideas or experience to share, I'd also be very happy to hear from you!

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo! That's wonderful, Idzie! I'm happy to chat if you have any questions. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear more about your conference plans. Lots of work, but lots of rewards. I would be glad to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Idzie, this sounds great.

    Over here in the UK, I'm just setting up a discussion group about freedom-based education, which I hope will expand. There was a short-lived National Union of School Students in this country, and I'm trying to start one in my area.

    If you have any kinds of discussions or talks would you be able to skype us in so our group could watch along? Make an international link?

    Will

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sounds fun and a big project! You can do it and make sure to have fun while planning and organizing.

    Let me know if you want any project planning, organizing and management ideas and/or tips. I can chat with you on gmail chat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would be happy to help. sebpaquet at google mail

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Pam, Andrea, and Anishinaabekwe: Thank you so much for the support! ♥

    @Primavera: Having talks from the conference go out on Skype would be really cool... Hmm, definitely something to think about and see if we can make happen!

    @Sebastien: Great!! Sending you an email now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...