Friday, July 2, 2010

Stillness

The first ever Summer Montreal Unschoolers Gathering happened this past week (which is why I dropped off the face of the earth for a little while in terms of online activities), and now that it's over I have much processing to do.  I'm so happy we did it, I had such a great time, yet I also had some very emotional moments, and dealt with a lot of stress over the course of the week.  I'll write a lot more about that in the coming days.

I just arrived home from the campground earlier today, and as often happens from sleep deprivation and eating too few vegetables for an extended period of time,  I've been feeling the beginnings of a cold coming on.  I was feeling really sad earlier about everyone leaving, and I've been stumbling around in a ridiculously tired, beginning-of-cold fog.  Yet as I stood tonight in a just-too-hot shower with the steam billowing around me, thinking about balance and violence and progression and life, I felt this overwhelming contentment settle over me.  A feeling that I'm fine, in the right place: a feeling of deep centered-ness and rightness.  Life is good, I thought, as I sniffled a bit (from a cold induced runny nose...).  Life is good.  And I'll have plenty more thoughts and experiences to share on this blog in the coming days, just as soon as I've caught up a bit on sleep!!  For now, I'm concocting a cold fighting tea, then curling up in my own bed for the first time in days...

Love,
Idzie

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time!

    Don't get sick! Or- get better if you do!

    -Coleus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't WAIT to read all about the experience! We weren't able to make it, so I am hoping to hear all about it from you (but only when you are good and ready)! Get well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are unschoolers so cool?! Haha. Really though, when I read your blogs I feel like, even though I'm a schooler, we have similar thoughts and experiences. We adolescents, however delinquent or however academic or however free or however chained we are, we are all in the same boat. When will we realise it and band together to change this damned education system??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Idzie. I don't comment often but do really enjoy reading your blog. Your writing is wonderful. I hope your coming cold subsided with some rest and that you are feeling all better now. :)
    I gave you an award over at my blog if you'd like to accept it. http://www.stanwoodplayschool.com/2010/07/uh-oh-i-got-my-first-blog-award-watch.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...