Monday, November 8, 2010

Voting is Open for the Homeschool Blog Awards!

Voting for this years Homeschool Blog Awards is now open!!  Now go vote for your favorite unschooling blogs.  Go on! ;-) Also, my blog was nominated in the Best Homeschool Methods blog category, and I want to thank whoever nominated me! :-)

Join Me at The Homeschool Post!

This is by no means a complete list, but here are some blogs, listed in the category they're nominated in, that I know to be by unschoolers.

Best Homeschool Mom blog:
SwissArmyWife
Mrs. Hannigan’s Home for Girls

Best Homeschool Dad blog:
Just a Bald Man

Best Blog Design:
Soule Mama

Best Photos and Artistic Content:
The Organic Sister

Best Crafts, Plans & Projects blog:
5 Orange Potatoes (I think she's an unschooler? But not sure...)
Journey Into Unschooling
Ordinary Life Magic


Best Homeschool Methods blog:
I'm Unschooled. Yes, I Can Write.
Journey Into Unschooling


Best Homemaking Blog:
Sensible Living

Best Curriculum or Business blog:
Life Learning Magazine

Best Variety blog:
Kelly Hogaboom


I feel like these awards are a good place for those interested in homeschooling but not necessarily aware of unschooling to discover blogs that can help them understand the later life philosophy...  I just see it as a good way for unschooling to get a bit more publicity in the homeschooling community.  The more the better, in my opinion!  

5 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm incredibly surprised AND honored just to be a nominee!

    Going to vote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I borrowed your content (with due credit of course) for my blog post on this. You can also add:

    Best Homemaking Blog:
    Sensible Living

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Idzie. You've got my vote. Debbie <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thanks for the helpful list. I've just added it to our blog post about being nominated for the awards. (Don't know who nominated us, although we have an inkling.) And congrats to you and all the other nominees. I agree that the contest is a great way to provide a big of positive and helpful promo for unschooling/life learning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @debbiedas: Thank you. :-)

    @Wendy: *Grins* To be on the final list, your blog has to be nominated by three different people, so you have multiple fans that made sure you were in there! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...