Thursday, March 17, 2011

A 20th Birthday and a Week Away

After not writing anything on this blog for over ten days, I figured I should let readers know I'll have no internet access for a week.  Instead of at home, I'll be in an apartment in town with a group of friends, hanging out for what will hopefully be a very pleasant week. 

I'm afraid I don't have much to say right now, and even if I did, I don't have time to say it, since I haven't finished packing yet!  Sure, I could make a trip or two home during the week, but I'd rather spend my time with friends, not driving/bussing into the suburbs to pick up stuff from home.

Now, is there anything else I should add?  Hmm, well, as of yesterday, I'm not longer a teenager.  I have left those years behind me forever.  Seems a bit weird still, actually, though it doesn't feel nearly as horrifyingly momentous as I feared it would!  It wasn't a bad day at all, when I turned 20.  This is my birthday in pictures...

Me and mom.
Emi looking pensively out the window, on our cake + good bread + groceries for my gathering shopping trip.
Emi thinks wine & umbrellas go well together.
And, of course, there was cake.
...With candles.
Lit candles! (Don't you love the four scattered lighters needed for a few candles?)
Which, being the birthday gal, I proceeded to blow out.

Cake!

Gifts included the first two seasons of Supernatural (yay!), and the newest CD from Rise Against.  Plus some money put towards the aforementioned week long gathering, for which I leave tomorrow!

Organizing it has proved to be rather stressful, but I'm really hoping it'll be an enjoyable vacation.  Hanging out with friends and just chilling...  Getting away from a house that's in the middle of some major repairs thanks to some serious leakage...  It should be good.

And that is all!  I wish everyone a lovely week, and I hope to come back online in a week filled with fresh inspiration, and ready to finally overcome the huge writing block I've had for the last month!  I can hope, right?

8 comments:

  1. So you were able to have your cake and eat it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idzie, your hair is sooo awesome :) Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your get away! Thanks for sharing your pages with everyone. You are an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Hippie Birthday, Idzie :)

    I didn't know I needed to eat some birthday cake tonight until I saw those pictures...but, now I definitely understand that cake is a must. Looks so yummy!

    Safe travels to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake is super awesome! I LOVE the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy [late] birthday! :D
    DeviantArt Watch thingie told me it was your b-day and I left a comment on your profile, but I know you're not there much.

    You're lucky for having felt like a teen until 20!
    At 17 I was already feeling everyone looking at me like I was an adult and should "act like it". T__T

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...