Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I Get My Very Own Week, Courtesy of The Unschooler Experiment!

I did a recording of my talk Against The Current, for the wonderful website The Unschooler Experiment, about a month ago.  The Unschooler Experiment sets itself apart from pretty much all other unschooling sites in that it focuses on the stories and experiences of grown unschoolers themselves, instead of parents, and seeks to share information that's interesting and relevant to both grown unschoolers and parents of unschoolers (and grown unschooled parents of unschoolers, of course!).

And now I'm incredibly honored to be featured this whole week on that site, during The Week of the Idzie!  My talk has been broken up into 7 essays, which will be followed by my reading of those essays in a podcast on day 8.  I'm truly flattered, and also just can't help but be extremely amused by that title.  "Week of the Idzie"...  It sounds very much like something I'd declare dramatically and with great silliness to my family.  "I declare this to be the Week of the Idzie!!"  Anyway, a big thanks to Peter Kowalke and other awesome folks over at The Unschooler Experiment.

See all the Week of the Idzie posts here:


And read today's essay Against the Grain (Day 1 in the Week of the Idzie.  It seems egocentric to get such a kick out of that title, but I can't help it!). 

------------------------
In other news, though it may be taking longer than I'd hoped, posts will soon be posted on Sistermatic Response, I promise!  You can follow updates over at the Sistermatic Response Facebook page.  You can also, of course, follow this blog as well, at the I'm Unschooled. Yes, I Can Write. Facebook page!

2 comments:

  1. I had a week of Idzie once but then the doctor game me some antibiotics and I got better.

    (rimshot)

    But seriously, congratulations! I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to have one more vacation week every year now, just because you live ! :-)
    Hum...., is it really vacations to be an unschooler ? No, of course ! And yes, at the same time, I think ! Cause, vacation means to me to have time to explore the world at your own pace, and meet with different people everywhere you go, and find a lot of funny things, flowers or animals you don't know, etc.

    Congratulations, Idzie, for your national week !

    Edith

    ReplyDelete